    USB 2.0

    Thanks.
    Thomas

    Thomas Jarboe, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Thomas Jarboe

    Brian Wall Guest

    I had a similar problem just recently when my system shut down spontaneously.My m/b is a GA-7VRX
    My computer normally is on permanently but this shut down occurred two or three times for no reason.
    I opened the case to investigate and found that there was a massive accumulation of dust under the CPU fan which had clogged the heatsink fins so stopping the cooling. I deduced that the auto shut down feature was activated when the CPU got too hot. Needless to say I cleaned this out thoroughly and refitted the fan again, since then all is back to normal.
    So my advise is for you to look at your CPU fan and give it a clean out, hopefully this will cure your problem.
    Good luck
    Brian
    Has anyone had any problems with caps on this board? I'm think that is the problem. I've replaced EVERY component I could think of besides the mother board it's self. Sometimes it will run for a couple of hours, other times it will restart as soon as it's booted. This is a computer that was purchased from Tiger Direct about 2 years ago, and has ran prefectly until recently.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    GA-7VTXE
    Athlon XP 1800+
    2x 256 DDR 2100
    80GB hard Drive
    Nvidia Geforce 2
    floppy 1.44
    DVD
    CDRW
    AC97' audio
    network card
    softmodem 56k
    USB 2.0

    Thanks.
    Thomas

    Brian Wall, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Thanks for the reply Brian.
    That is the first thing I thought of. What I did is bought a new heatsink and fan and some thermal compound... put that in and still did the same thing.
    So, I went and started replacing everything in the computer.. and it still did the same thing. Only 2 things that were left was the CPU and Motherboard, so I replaced the CPU. Still does it. Although it has been 24 hours now since the last restart... which is a record for about the last 2 weeks. I did notice that 2 of the caps are bulged slightly, but my mother board in my other system, MSI motherboard, has 3 caps bulged worse and have never had a problem out of it. So, I'm pretty stumped.
    Thanks.
    Thomas

    Thomas Jarboe, Oct 8, 2003