Problem with GA-7ZM & Duron 1.2GHz cpu (200MHz FSB)

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Guest, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Can anyone help me with this?

    I'm trying to upgrade a GA-7ZM mainboard from a Duron 750 MHz to a
    Duron 1.2GHz w/200MHz FSB. I've tried upgrading the BIOS to both the
    Fe and the FFc, but both have the same results: the 750 will continue
    to work fine, but the 1.2 won't even turn on the monitor.

    I've tried two (2) different processors, thinking the first might be
    bad. Is there some jumper or BIOS setting I need to set BEFORE making
    the switch?

    I have the bus speed set at 100 MHz as there is no documentation for
    setting it to 200 MHz and assume the multiplication is done
    internally, is this correct? I have the ICS clock generator.

    Thanks,

    Ken

    Guest, Nov 27, 2003