Problem with GuidePlus and Personal Cinema....

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by NewMan, Mar 17, 2007.

  1. NewMan

    NewMan Guest

    I have a computer that is using the eVGA FX5700 Personal Cinema. This
    comes complete with the PVR software and teh Guide Plus listings.

    This computer is running WinXP Pro, and has been fully patched. The
    time shown on the system IS CORRECT in accordence with the new times
    that Daylight Savings takes effect.

    The problem is, Guide Plus is an our out! It did NOT "spring ahead".
    As a result, when you try to record, it never records the correct
    show! :(

    The user interface for the Guide Plus is about a cryptic and crazy as
    it gets. I have NOT been able to find a way to compensate for the new
    DayLight Savings dates. I realize this problem may appear to "go away"
    in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, if it is not FIXED, then the
    problem mayl reappear this fall when we "fall back"

    What the hack good is the darn thing if it can't keep track of time
    and record properly???

    Anyone know how to correct the time in Guide Plus???

    TIA

    NewMan, Mar 17, 2007

  2. NewMan

    NewMan Guest

    I contaceted eVGA support...

    Their recommendation....

    Reinstall the software??? Supposedly this will allow the software to
    re-sync to the Windows time clock.

    How fricken hokey is that??? SO I am supposed to reinstall the
    software twice a year each time we "spring ahead" and "fall back"????

    What a joke. No wonder this thing was never that popular.

    NewMan, Mar 19, 2007