problem with Media XP drive bay that comes with ABIT AT7-MAX2/XP

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Mark Jansen, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. Mark Jansen

    Mark Jansen Guest

    We have the Abit AT7-MAX2/XP mainboard including the MediaXP drive bay
    and we're running Windows XP Professional NL.

    Ever since we had this mainboard, the drive bay won't function as it
    should. The USB ports function and the sound ports too. But the card
    reader doesn't function at all.

    At first, the devices are recognized correctly and thus displayed in
    'My Computer'. However, as soon as we insert a disk in the device, the
    computer gets stuck. After a reboot, there's an exclemation mark in
    the Device Manager, telling the 'USB Mass storage device' (translated
    from Dutch) won't start and has the error code 10.

    Installing USB drivers, removing USB drivers, resetting the BIOS and
    removing the device from the device manager all doesn't help a bit.
    One remarkable thing: when we disconnect the cable from the drive bay
    to the main board, boot the pc and shut it down, connect the cable
    again and boot the pc, the drive bay is correctly recognized, only to
    repaet the previous described behaviour as soon as we insert a disk in
    the card reader.

    Please advise.

    Mark Jansen, Jan 2, 2004

  2. Mark Jansen

    Mark Jansen Guest

    And to be complete: of course we have asked Abit this for more then
    two weeks ago, but Abit seems to have no service at all since they
    don't even send a confirmation of receipt... :-(

    Mark Jansen, Jan 3, 2004