Problem with "MMDEVLDR.VXD" that can't be loaded.

Discussion in 'Soundcards' started by Chaos Master, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Chaos Master

    Chaos Master Guest

    Hello people. Sorry for the crosspostings.

    This is for a friend:

    He has a 750MHz Duron PC with a Soyo K7VTA-B motherboard, using the onboard
    audio (AC'97). After he deleted some stuff, he lost all audio.

    Winamp gave the "MMSYSTEM002" error.

    I tried the obvious (remove drivers, reinstall drivers) but it don't work.

    When I go to device manager, there is a '!' sign in the icon of the "sound
    card", which means a warning/error.

    The error says something that "NTKERN.VXD can't load MMDEVLDR.VXD".
    BUT, both files exist!

    Question: Has anybody here seen the same error with this motherboard, or any
    others that have AC'97? What did you do to fix it?

    OS is Win 98 SE.

    []s
    --
    © Chaos Master. |"These wounds won't seem to heal
    Posting from Brazil. | This pain is just too real

    Chaos Master, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Chaos Master

    Ryan Wheeler Guest

    Chaos Master wrote:

    > Hello people. Sorry for the crosspostings.
    >
    > This is for a friend:
    >
    > He has a 750MHz Duron PC with a Soyo K7VTA-B motherboard, using the
    > onboard audio (AC'97). After he deleted some stuff, he lost all
    > audio.
    >
    > Winamp gave the "MMSYSTEM002" error.
    >
    > I tried the obvious (remove drivers, reinstall drivers) but it don't
    > work.
    >
    > When I go to device manager, there is a '!' sign in the icon of the
    > "sound card", which means a warning/error.
    >
    > The error says something that "NTKERN.VXD can't load MMDEVLDR.VXD".
    > BUT, both files exist!
    >
    > Question: Has anybody here seen the same error with this motherboard,
    > or any others that have AC'97? What did you do to fix it?
    >
    > OS is Win 98 SE.
    >
    > []s

    in device manager remove all references to sound functions.
    then shutdown and restart. have the cd ready to reload.

    Ryan Wheeler, Jul 15, 2004