Problem with MSAgent on an EpoX - 8K7A MB

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Pete, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Pete

    Pete Guest

    Hi,

    Anyone else experiencing problems using MSAgent on an EpoX - 8K7A MB?

    I can get it running but get no speech and truncated text in the
    balloon.

    I have installed MSAgent correctly on several occasions even after a
    full reinstall of win98se.

    My thought is that the EpoX sound system is incompatible??

    Ideas / Help Appreciated.

    Regards

    Pete
    Spamblocking

    Pete, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Pete

    John Guest

    Pete, I do not use MS Agent so cannot comment on that, but the 8KA7
    motherboards use a standard VIA 686 sound chip which is used in millions of
    other boards. You cannot use the VIA 4 in 1 drivers as part of the support
    chipset is the AMD761, but you do need the VIA audio driver. I suggest you
    check the Epox site and download the latest audio driver and make sure that
    you have not installed the 4 in 1 at any time.
    John

    John, Nov 1, 2003