problem with my acer aspire 2012 wlmi

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by hakanmoral, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. hakanmoral

    hakanmoral Guest

    It is a long issue but I got crazy installing and reinstalling again if
    you can give advise I will be glad:

    I have an Acer Aspire 2012 WLMi (cent1.5, 512 mb, 60gb, dual DVD +RW,
    Ati Radeon 9700 64mb, wireless 2200b/g)

    I have got three main problems:

    months ago it started not to recognize the hdd at the bios level. when
    i take the battery out and hold the power key pressed and then start
    the system it usually get back. also when i work in winxp the system
    about 7 times restarted and can not find again the hdd. and when i
    inspect the winxp log it was that the os cannot reach hdd therefore
    shutdown and then i brought the system to the service and they said
    that they did not see a problem like this. After the service this
    problem is not repeated.

    but after some months this time the sound card is not seen by winxp.
    when i use the laptop at work and bring it to home and turn on the
    system almost always the soundcard is not recognized, after shutting
    down the system and turning on (not restarting however) again system
    sees the soundcard.

    and lastly when the system turns on from standby, the cpu is locked by
    some services like winlogon and etc. from this state, shutting down the
    system from shutdown button either takes about 10 minutes or it locks
    at shutting down screen.

    Again my service told me that it is from your dirty winxp. they said
    that for not to lose your data on a different hdd they installed from
    the recovery cds and the problems vanished and they sent me back the
    system. and I install to my hdd from the same set of cds and the
    problem persists.

    Now I want your advices on what to do and whether you know a system
    testing tool that can say something about hardware..

    hakanmoral, Aug 16, 2005