Problem with my ACER TM 230 Serie (234 LC)

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by markus_raab, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. markus_raab

    markus_raab Guest

    I have a Acer Travelmate 234 LC - a very simple, Intel Mobile Celern
    2.2 GHz Processor, 15" Monitor, 256 DDR SDRAM, 30GB ATA, DVD CD-RW.

    One time I switched it on and there was the message: "Serious
    power-error". When I tried to restart the computer it got stuck after 2
    seconds. The monitor stays black.

    I let it check at ACER Austria (where I am from) and they said it's a
    problem with the Motherboard. Fixing would have been € 800, so I
    wanted it back and now I'm considering buying a new one.
    Does anyone has experience with such an error. Can I fix it - or does
    anyone fix it?

    I know, my questions seems stupid, but I'm desperate. Do I have to get
    a new one???

    Does anyone want it? =)

    markus_raab, Jan 22, 2005