Problem with Radeon 9200SE DVI -> HDMI setup

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Guest, Feb 2, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm having problems with the following setup:

    Dell Intel 1.0 GHz 512MB
    Windows Media Center 2004
    Radeon 9200SE plugged into my Toshiba 51H84 HDTV using a DVI to HDMI cable
    Catalyst 5.1 (older drivers do not perform any differently)

    When I try to run the TV as the primary screen, the computer goes into a
    continuous re-boot loop. I have to disconnect the DVI output and connect the
    TV through an RCA video cable.

    I am able to boot up using the RCA video cable, and run the TV as both
    primary (through RCA 800x600) and secondary (DVI->HDMI 720p) screen.

    If I try to swap screens I.e. make the DVI output primary, both screens go
    black, and the computer freezes. If I force a re-start, the computer goes
    into a continuous re-boot loop again.

    So, I have a DVI -> HDMI connection to my TV, and it's apparently working,
    just not as the primary.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Johnny