    Any ideas?

    Thanks a heap!

    Carmen

    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, Sep 29, 2008

  2. >> "microphone" function doesn't seem to work <<

    most likely a hardware failure... two suggestions.

    Plug in an external microphone and see if that works.

    If not, get a can of contact cleaner (electronics store, rat shack,
    etc,) squirt the microphone plug, then squirt a _small_ amount of
    contact cleaner in the microphone jack, then plug and twist multiple
    times and retry.

    The jack contains a "cutoff switch" for the internal microphone
    (normally somewhere on the screen edge) and doing the above may
    reconnect the internal mic as well.

    Beyond that, open the sound control panel applet and report what's shown
    for sound input devices.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Sep 29, 2008