Problem with reloaded Sun Blade 100 and Sun PCI pro coprocessor card

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Kevin B., Sep 4, 2003.

  1. Kevin B.

    Kevin B. Guest

    I moved recently and when I got settled, I reloaded my Sun Blade 100
    with Solaris 9, 12/02. I also downloaded the Sun PCI II software
    (version 2.3.2). However when I load the sun pci software, I get the
    following warning on the postinstall

    ## Executing postinstall script.
    Warning: /etc/devlink.tab not updated correctly
    Perhaps the system OBP needs to be updated

    Thinking that the problem might be a OBP issue, I updated to the
    latest OBP.

    however, the file /etc/devlink.tab is updated as you can see below:

    #The following lines added for the SunPCi 2 Device Driver
    type=ddi_pseudo;name=pci108e,7063 sunpci2drv\N0

    # ./sunpci&
    664
    # /dev/sunpci2drv*: No such file or directory
    The SunPCi device driver is not installed.

    To run the startup program:

    1. Type: su, then enter your superuser password.
    2. Type: cd /opt/SUNWspci2/drivers/solaris
    3. Type: ./sunpcload

    # ./sunpcload
    devfsadm: driver failed to attach: sunpci2drv
    Warning: Driver (sunpci2drv) successfully added to system but failed
    to attach

    Any idea of whats going on? The only thing I can think of is something
    wrong with the card....

    Any thoughts?

    kcblack007(at)aol.com

    Kevin B., Sep 4, 2003

  2. Kevin B.

    Rich Teer Guest

    Updating the OBP is a good idea.

    I used to see the message you gave in eraly versions of the
    SunPCi software, before Solaris 9 was officially supported.
    Copying the Solaris 8 drivers to a name that matched what
    the S9 drivers would be fixed that.

    But, the version you have should work. (It works OK here,
    with Solaris 9 8/03.)
    I think the card should be OK. Is it seated properly?

    HTH,

    --
    Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA

    President,