    properly.

    What could be affecting both Safari and Firefox in this way.
    I've noticed no other problems with Safari.

    Orson Hend, Jul 3, 2010

  2. I had no problem with Firefox, but the page wouldn't load in Safari. Then
    I inadvertently clicked on the RSS link in Safari, and got the RSS feed for
    the trailers site.

    Michelle Steiner, Jul 3, 2010

  3. Orson Hend

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Works just fine with Safari (v 5.0) here.

    Andy Hewitt, Jul 3, 2010
  4. Orson Hend

    Orson Hend Guest

    I ran DiskWarrior and Disk Utility on my boot drive and now it works in
    Firefox... and Safari displays the trailers properly... BUT it won't
    play the videos. Nothing happens when i click on the arrow that usually
    pops up a submenu for selecting resolution.

    Oh, and I also reinstalled Safari.

    Orson Hend, Jul 3, 2010
  5. Orson Hend

    Blipstein Guest

    Is that your answer to the question? Or are you implying that the poster is
    somehow at fault?

    I would ask the same of JO Jolly Roger.

    Blipstein, Jul 4, 2010
  6. Those seem to me like quite useful answers. They say that the site is
    working with some systems and that therefore there is something
    different between the poster's system and theirs as opposed to just that
    the site doesn't work at all.

    It is, however, rather extreme to jump from "there is something
    different with the poster's system" to "the poster is at fault." First
    off, just because something might be messed up on the poster's system
    doesn't translate to this being some fault of the poster. Bringing up
    "fault" at all seems counterproductive to solving problems.

    (The site also looks fine on my system with Firefox.)

    Richard Maine, Jul 4, 2010

  7. Is that your answer to the question? Or are you implying that the
    poster is somehow at fault?[/QUOTE]

    I take his response to mean that it is not a universal problem.

    Michelle Steiner, Jul 4, 2010
  8. Orson Hend

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    I take his response to mean that it is not a universal problem.[/QUOTE]

    Quite so. I was showing that I'd bothered to respond to the problem, try
    the site, and report back my findings. The site worked fine, so I
    reported that. As it worked, I have nothing else conclusive to offer in
    the way of assistance, but at least we know it isn't necessarily a site
    problem, but more likely an individual system issue.

    FWIW...

    I am also at a loss as to what might be causing the issue in both Safari
    and Firefox, as neither share much code (Safari is Webkit based, Firefox
    is Gecko based). Therefore it's unlikely to be a corrupt cache or
    temporary file. Perhaps something with a dodgy third party plugin
    perhaps, or maybe there's an issue with his Java install (Apple uses
    Java code quite a lot). Just guesses though.

    Perhaps that answer might appease Mr Angry :).

    Andy Hewitt, Jul 4, 2010
  9. Orson Hend

    dorayme Guest

    My Tiger based 3.1.2 crashed when trying to get to a trailer
    first time. But fine the second attempt when choosing "smaller"
    trailers...

    <http://trailers.apple.com/>

    dorayme, Jul 4, 2010
  10. Orson Hend

    Blipstein Guest

    Yes - Safari is buggy and worthless. Considering that it will run on most
    computers in the world, it speaks for itself that hardly anyone uses it.
    They can't give it away. Better advice would have been to suggest using
    Firefox.

    Blipstein, Jul 4, 2010
  11. Orson Hend

    TaliesinSoft Guest

    Well, I'm one, apparently of many, that experiences no problem using
    Safari. I'm running OS X 10.6.4 and Safari 5.0. The site mentioned in
    the title of this thread, <http://trailers.apple.com/>, displays
    without a problem for me.

    TaliesinSoft, Jul 4, 2010
  12. Orson Hend

    Andy Hewitt Guest

    Same here, OS 10.6.4 and Safari 5, it's been my default browser for a
    long time, and rarely stumbles now.

    However, I have tested it on Windows, and it's definitely not as smooth
    as the Mac version.

    Andy Hewitt, Jul 4, 2010
  13. Is that a fact, or your opinion?

    Michelle Steiner, Jul 4, 2010
  14. Yesterday, it wouldn't load for me, but just a few seconds ago, it worked
    just fine.

    Michelle Steiner, Jul 4, 2010
  15. Orson Hend

    Blipstein Guest

    Yesterday, it wouldn't load for me, but just a few seconds ago, it worked
    just fine.

    Does it matter? FYI, it's both.

    Blipstein, Jul 4, 2010
  16. Orson Hend

    Orson Hend Guest

    <-infinitum.
    com.mx>,
    BTW, it works fine on my MacMini... 10.6.4 with Safari 5.

    Orson Hend, Jul 4, 2010
  17. Orson Hend

    Blipstein Guest

    I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. But try not too take it too
    personally.

    Blipstein, Jul 4, 2010
  18. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. But try not too take it too
    personally.[/QUOTE]

    OK, so your opinion is to recommend to him something that he said he
    already tried and that didn't work.

    Therefore, my opinion is that you don't know what you're talking about.

    Michelle Steiner, Jul 4, 2010
  19. Yesterday, it wouldn't load for me, but just a few seconds ago, it worked
    just fine.

    Does it matter? FYI, it's both.[/QUOTE]

    No, it's only an opinion; it is not a fact.

    Michelle Steiner, Jul 4, 2010
  20. You and Michelle should suck each others dicks.

    Johnny Viceroy, Jul 4, 2010