Problem with Sil 3114 PCI SATA Card & GA-EP35-DS3L

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by silver-rabbit, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. silver-rabbit

    silver-rabbit

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2009
    Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
    CPU IS an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz 2.40 GHz and I have 3.5GB of RAM

    I wanted the card as I have only 4 SATA slots on my board and I have a number of drives and DVD Rewriters I want to use so the 4 slots are in use already.
    I don't want to use RAID as I don't really know what I'm doing, I basically want to plug in a couple of extra hard drives to it as I use Acronis for backup purposes

    I installed the card, hooked up a HD to it, booted up, loaded the driver from the disk that came with it, restarted and get to a screen that tells me that if I want to enter the RAID configuration hit Ctrl S or F4. The connected drive is listed underneath that with a flashing cursor ... and nothing happens, no matter what I do.
    So, I restart without the drive connected and everything's fine.
    I tried setting the jumpers to SATA150, no joy there either.

    Card shows up fine in device manager, no yellow exclamation marks
    Driver Version is 1.0.21.0

    I can 'hotplug' my drive once I've booted up but what use is that!

    I have been searching for a solution, have come across a wide variety of stuff out there, a lot of which involves 'flashing' my BIOS from DOS, whatever that means. (I don't really want to start down that road reading the info from a site I don't trust)

    Any help would be truly appreciated as this is driving me up the wall!

    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
    silver-rabbit, Apr 25, 2009