    have done to this laptop is increase the RAM to 1GB (2x512MB). Any help is
    appreciated. TIA.

    Fernan

    Bong S., May 23, 2007

  2. Bong S.

    Quaoar Guest

    Is the card seated properly (if you can access it, that is)? You can
    also uninstall the card from Device Manager, reboot and let the OS find
    and reinstall the driver.

    Quaoar, May 23, 2007

  3. Bong S.

    Bong S. Guest

    I did that about 5 times. Each time WinXP Home found it, installed the
    driver for it and it worked great.....for a couple of minutes..then all of a
    sudden, no connection, red X in Device Manager. I opened the laptop case to
    expose the whole motherboard, blew dust out, just in case dust was keeping
    air circulation at a minimum and generating a lot of heat inside that may be
    causing the problem but still to no go. It is accessible and I did take the
    card out and re-seated it, blew dust off the pins, no luck. Thanks for the
    input though.
    Fernan

    Bong S., May 24, 2007
  4. Bong S.

    paulmd Guest

    Well, if you have the pcmcia wireless, you might as well remove the
    miniPCI wireless card.

    paulmd, May 29, 2007