Problem with Still capture Setting 320 X 240 AIW 9800 Pro

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Tobey, Aug 26, 2005.

  1. Tobey

    Tobey Guest

    Hello Group
    I have been having a bit of trouble with a Newly installed ATI AIW 9800
    Pro
    I normally try to playback Video from a DV camcorder and capture the
    stills " At a Pre Determined Setting of 320 X 240"
    When i Open up the Latest ATI Media player and place my still settings
    at a 320 X 240, then adjust the Option to Save as JPEG,

    It does not, It always saves at 640 X 480 and saves in Bitmap Format.

    Has anyone had similar experiences with this Problem and does anyone
    know how to fix the problem and have is Permanantly save in 320 X 240
    Jpeg Format?

    My PC is 3.2 G AMD,...1GB of Ram ...OS Running XP 2

    Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

    Thanks in advance

    Tobey

    Tobey, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Tobey

    T Shadow Guest

    Try saving the settings then closing MMC immediately. MMC saves it's
    settings when it shuts down. MMC may not be closing properly. Closing
    immediately gives the best chance of it being set. If that doesn't work try
    doing a Repair install in the Add/Remove Program application.

    T Shadow, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Tobey

    DaveW Guest

    You need an actual Video Capture card. The AIW 9800 does not have that
    feature.

    DaveW, Aug 27, 2005
  4. --

    I just tried it using MMC 8.9 with partial success. When I clicked
    the capture button it wrote 640x480 JPG files. What I did was.

    Started the tv player.
    Clicked the capture button.
    Clicked the Stills Gallery setup button.
    Check marked the 'Save Files', then clicked the browse button.
    Selected the jpg format.
    Selected the 320 x 240 size.
    Clicked OK.
    Closed stills gallery and tv.

    Started the tv player.
    Clicked the capture button a few times.
    Closed the tv.

    When I checked the files it wrote they were JPG (Huffman - Standard)
    24 bit 640x480. My guess would be there saved at the original
    resolution for some reason.

    Hope that's somewhat helpful. :)
    Dan

    --end

    Danny Greaves, Aug 27, 2005
  5. Tobey

    J. Clarke Guest

    And the idiot speaks again.

    MoronW, the whole point of the All-In-Wonder is that it _does_ have video
    capture capability. That's why it's "All-In-Won".

    Lurkers, if you wonder why I call this person "MoronW", he appears to be
    someone whose hobby is writing bots that report incorrect information. For
    months every post in this newsgroup that contained "Radeon 9700" got an
    immediate and unchanging response from him to the effect that the Radeon
    9700 does not support DirectX 9, for example.

    J. Clarke, Aug 27, 2005
  6. Tobey

    T Shadow Guest

    Guess I messed that up. Too used to TV Player questions. Tried saving the
    settings on File Player 9.08. It saves 320 X 240JPG pictures and holds the
    resolution setting but loses the format when I close the Still App let alone
    File Player. Doing a Repair install still might help being able to save to
    320 X 240JPG or maybe you'll have to reinstall. What version are you using
    maybe someone else using that version can try it.

    T Shadow, Aug 27, 2005
  7. Tobey

    Tobey Guest

    Hello and thank you all for responding
    the MMC is 9.08
    Again the Way the card is solely used is to capture stills
    When i open the TV Feature and playback the DV Cam " Connected through
    the S-Jack" It does not save at the 320 X 240 Setting
    I "of course" Try to adjust the setting to 320 X 240 in JPG Mode, But
    what i end up with is a 640 X 480 in Bitmp ?
    I have tried the Repair in the Previous post as well as re-Installing,
    Yet nothing seems to work

    Tobey, Aug 27, 2005
  8. --

    Same story when I set it to TIF @ 1024x768. Then the files it defaulted to saving were a TIF format but still @ 640x480.