Problem with the EU965...

Discussion in 'AOpen' started by Evert, Oct 24, 2007.

  1. Evert

    Evert Guest

    Hi all!

    I was having some trouble with my AOpen EU965 barebone (
    http://xc.aopen.com.tw/Cube-m-specification .aspx?Auno=2209 ) and getting access to the
    full 4GB I plugged into it.

    And now their helpdesk is telling me the following:

    'Based on the specification of the chipset, it can support 8GB when using 4 DIMM slot. Our
    MB had 2 slot only, so the max memory is 4GB. But if the main memory is 4GB, OS will
    allocate 3~4GB memory address for onboard device. This is why you can only get 3.xGB when
    you install 4GB memory. Other 965 chipset with 2 DIMM slot had the same result. The only
    way is use a 4 slot MB and add the memory more then 4GB. So that the memory size in OS
    will the same as you installed.'

    Is that true?? Is there no way to access the full 4GB I plugged in, just because this
    system has only 2 DIMM-slots??

    Regards,
    Evert

    Evert, Oct 24, 2007