Problem with the version F7 of the bios of the motherboard GA-8S655FX-L (Rev1.0)

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Francesco, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    From when I have installed the version F7 of the bios I have found this
    problem:
    when I try to turn on the computer pressing the button of start, it sets out
    but after 1 according to he extinguishes. If I again press the button of
    start the computer it doesn't ignite and I am forced to detach the feeding.
    Only after various attempts the computer sets out.
    For this I have again installed the version F6 that didn't give me this
    problem

    Francesco, Jul 23, 2005

  2. Francesco

    Francesco Guest

    correction:
    also with the version F6 has the same problem. to thing you can be due???

    Francesco, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Francesco

    Jody Guest

    I really doubt this will help, but i'd swap the reset and the power switch
    cables, and try starting it up with the reset button acting as a power
    button.
    This will check to see if there is something wrong with the cable. It could
    damaged or the button may be 'stuck' or something.

    Take out all unneeded devices (unhook cdroms, hard drives, pci cards, pcie
    cards, isa cards:), fans)
    It could be one of these to blame(ie, two master drives on same cable), or
    it could be the power isn't going everywhere needed.
    All just guesses and unlikely, but it's quick and easy to do.

    Other than that, this is a stumper!

    jody

    Jody, Jul 26, 2005