    ?uzzled Guest

    Thanks Robert. I disabled them as you suggested earlier and like Kyle's post
    above, it didn't really make any difference to my system.

    ?uzzled, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Louie

    Robert Akins Guest

    I started to post a link to a Google search but figured anyone interested
    can look it up themselves. There are numerous threads from the past 5 years
    on this subject. As we say around here, YMMV.
    Robert

    Robert Akins, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Louie

    Robert Guest

    Arrrrgh! Yes, I know that these settings have caused problems with some
    combinations of hardware! I even stated that I had problems with at least
    one of these settings in the past. The problem is that you made it seem
    that the guy needed to go and change these settings. He didn't say he was
    having problems and if he didn't know enough to search Google in the first
    place, I was recommending that he not go messing around in his bios unless
    he had a reason to do so. Looks like he went and did it anyway, so I will
    stop wasting my time and STFU now.
    Robert (but not Robert Akins)

    Robert, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Louie

    Kyle Brant Guest

    I sorta thought Robert and his alter ego were having this
    conversation, lol.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle
    | Arrrrgh! Yes, I know that these settings have caused problems with
    some
    | combinations of hardware! I even stated that I had problems with at
    least
    | one of these settings in the past. The problem is that you made it
    seem
    | that the guy needed to go and change these settings. He didn't say
    he was
    | having problems and if he didn't know enough to search Google in the
    first
    | place, I was recommending that he not go messing around in his bios
    unless
    | he had a reason to do so. Looks like he went and did it anyway, so I
    will
    | stop wasting my time and STFU now.
    | Robert (but not Robert Akins)
    |
    | | > I started to post a link to a Google search but figured anyone
    interested
    | > can look it up themselves. There are numerous threads from the
    past 5
    | years
    | > on this subject. As we say around here, YMMV.
    | > Robert

    | it
    | > in
    | > > the A4 rev (the A3 rev was the same as the A2). FIC may have had
    | reason
    | > > for changing the default values but my main point (which I
    obviously did
    | > not
    | > > make very clear) was that unless you have a reason (the OP was
    having
    | > > problems but it didn't sound like ?uzzled was) you don't need to
    worry
    | > about
    | > > these settings. Just because these settings have been known to
    cause
    | > > problems, that doesn't mean they will all by themselves start
    causing
    | > > problems in your system at some point in the future. However, if
    you add
    | > or
    | > > change a peripheral in the future and have problems, then as you
    | > suggested,
    | > > it would be warranted to search Google for references to that
    | peripheral.
    | > If
    | > > you do find a reference to these settings then a change at that
    time
    | would
    | > > be prudent. That was the not so succinct answer.

    | on
    | > > page
    | > > Disabled.

    | of