    Any idea? I have an abit kt133a raid with xp 2100@2000 fsb 100 Mhz, and a
    shappire ati 9500, with the lastest catalyst drivers.
    Thanks and best regards.

    laredo, Aug 5, 2003

  2. laredo

    Randy Guest

    Try the Omega drivers from this site. The drivers are for gamers and seem to
    work well for me. They are ATI drivers optimized for gamers.

    http://www.omegacorner.com

    Good luck
    Randy

    Randy, Aug 5, 2003

  3. laredo

    Zogg Guest

    Hi,

    I have the same configuration but I soft-modded the card to 9700
    specification with RivaTuner. It is slower than I expected with a
    3DMark2001 benchmark of 9,500 (typical published results are 15,000).
    I'm now certain that it's because of the following reasons that it's
    slower than expected:

    1. The fsb runs at 100MHz - this is perhaps the major cause. See if
    you can clock the CPU at 17x 133MHz. I'm waiting for a much bigger
    heatsink to be delivered before I try this.

    2. If the fsb is 100MHz then you may be running the memory at the same
    speed. My Bios has the option to run the memory at the CPU speed added
    to fsb speed. This made a significant difference but remember to turn
    it back if you increase the fsb clock.

    3. 133MHz memory is much slower that the ultra fast DDR memory being
    fitted on moderm MBs

    4. 4x AGP rather than the card's rating of x8 AGP.

    What benchmarks are you seeing?

    Andy T.

    Zogg, Aug 7, 2003