    setting it to 0. But I've seen this primarily in reference to Win 2K; does this same solution apply to Win XP? Any ideas on how to deal
    with this?
    -Mark

    Cueball, Dec 4, 2003

  2. probably not much of a help but these things come to mind in no particular
    order. 1) you can have good signal strength but poor signal quality. try
    moving closer to the router to test. 2) do you have mac filtering enabled
    on your router, disable it until you get this working 3) you could hard
    reset the router and rebuild the configuration, even update the firmware.
    linksys suggests a change in a timeout setting for low quality connections
    (link below). i have found that changing the default channel 6 to channel
    11 can resolve problem with signal quality or conflict with other devices
    (of course you could try other channels as well). your mention of the other
    network makes me think that perhaps these two strong signals are confusing
    your adapter. see linksys knowledgebase article kb10934368 or follow this
    link if you paste all of its parts into the address line of your browser
    http://kb.linksys.com/cgi-bin/om_is...ev.nfo&record={41B}&softpage=IKW_ENU_JDocView

    1150 wireless card has stopped working at a particular
    actually working for a bit. The cardis able to see the network,
    However, packets are being sent out but none are being received.
    braodcasts the SSID. Furthermore, I am able to connect to another
    firewall. I know about the DisableIsaToPciRouting registry change,
    does this same solution apply to Win XP? Any ideas on how to deal

    Christopher Muto, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Cueball

    This Old Man Guest

    If it works on one but not the other it's a problem/difference with the
    other wifi AP.

    This Old Man, Dec 6, 2003