problem with xp driver

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by panda, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. panda

    panda Guest

    hi,

    i have bought an oem sb live 5.1 player last week.
    i installed it on my computer with the cd given with the card. no pb
    during installation (only drivers).

    but i realize later that AC3-encoded video do not produce any sound.
    i first think that was a codec issue. no.

    so i decided to install an updated driver downloaded from creative
    labs website but error : it detects no live series sound card !!!
    then i decided to remove the current driver : impossible !

    i have re-installed win xp but there is no native microsoft driver
    installed and there is an audio component to install listed in the
    hardware manager.

    i don't know what to do but bring back my card...

    any idea before i do ?

    thanks by adavance for your advices.

    panda

    panda, Dec 2, 2003

  2. panda

    noone Guest

    Do a search in Usenet and you will find some complaints about the
    latest SBLive driver for WinXP. Apparently AC-3 does not work
    properly, especially if you do AC3 passthrough via SPDIF to an
    external receiver.

    Solution: Download the previous version (July 2002 or older?) of
    sBLive driver from somehwere on the Internet.

    noone, Dec 10, 2003

  3. AC3 encoded avis and divx clips don't automatically transport their ac3
    audio to the SPDIF port on the soundcard for the card to do AC3 decoding.

    You need to use something like AC-3 Filter and select send to SPDIF from
    that and set the soundcard to decode AC-3 instead of passthrough.

    Cheers
    Sharanga

    Sharanga Dayananda, Dec 20, 2003