Problems booting XPC SB61G2

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Tim Mavers, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Tim Mavers

    Tim Mavers Guest

    It seems that almost every time I reboot my box (running XP Pro), I cannot
    get XP to boot until I reboot again, enter the BIOS and simply save the
    settings.

    This sounds like a BIOS battery problem, but I replaced the battery and it
    still happens.

    As I mentioned, the problem happens nearly every time I reboot. I get
    through the normal POST process, but when XP's boot screen first appears, I
    only get (what I can only describe as) the "frame" of it.

    I use the term "frame" only because typically when you first see the
    "Windows XP Professional" logo and the bar starts moving, the window "fades"
    into view--first being very dark and grey, and then coming into full color.
    This all happens rather quickly, but I am sure everyone knows what I mean.

    I am using the SATA controller with a Seagate 120GB SATA drive. I have the
    "SATA mode" set to "auto", but playing around with this doesn't seem to have
    any affect on my problem.

    Does anyone know what this might be? It's really aggravating having to go
    into the BIOS nearly every reboot and "save" settings.

    Thanks,

    Tim Mavers, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Tim Mavers

    mizu

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    No answer for this [email protected]#*

    I am having the same problem. But i noticed that when I reboot the cpu speed changes sometimes, it decreases, and if i reset i goes back to the normal cpu speed which is 2800+.
    I've tried the settings on the bios but the problem remains the same it does freezes when windows starts to boot.
    I also notice that the power(according to my power tester (pc/sps tester)) has failed...
    Maybe if the power is replaced then it should work...:eek:

    but any other suggestions will be appreciable...:p
    Thanks,[/ for puting it on the net]

    mizu, Jan 9, 2009