Problems capturing video in Nero 6 with ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 Pro

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Doug Vermes, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Doug Vermes

    Doug Vermes Guest

    I recently installed the demo version of the new version of Nero.
    However, when I attempt to capture video, there is no sound in the
    preview window. The video displays fine, but not the audio. I checked
    the audio settings, and it is set for Line In, as it should be, and
    the volume level is appropriate. The odd twist is that capturing video
    works perfectly fine in Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator. Everything also
    works fine ATI TV. It just seems as if Nero is the problem. Has anyone
    experienced this and found a solution?

    Note that my problem is not that the captured video has no sound, but
    rather that Nero just does not play any sound even when I am
    previewing the video to be captured.

    I am running Windows XP home edition with an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000
    Radeon Pro. Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Doug

    Doug Vermes, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Doug Vermes

    patrickp Guest

    If you have Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator installed, that may well be your
    problem. Many Roxio products are not compatible with other ripping/burning
    apps; I used to run Roxio EasyCD until I realised the problems it was
    causing me. It was also b*gg*r to remove: the uninstall routine
    thoughtfully removed a needed system file and still left all sorts of files
    and registry entries on my system - some still active, and phoning home.
    jv16/RegCleaner saved me there.

    patrickp

    patrickp, Aug 11, 2003

  3. Doug Vermes

    smh Guest

    Do you remember the system file that was removed?
    Phone home even after uninstall?

    smh, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Doug Vermes

    patrickp Guest

    Can't remember what it was, but I got a message it was missing when I tried
    to use IE, and I was able to replace it from my Windows CD. Many software
    apps include bits that "phone home," to check for updates, report usage etc,
    and some of these are left after uninstalls (not always by accident or
    oversight, I suspect). I recall that some of the Roxio bits left were
    active (this was a while ago, now. I started using the product when it was
    Adaptec, then it became Roxio, then I decided to dump it. Can't remember
    exactly when - maybe a year and a half ago) and I couldn't say for sure they
    were phone-home, but I think so.

    patrickp

    patrickp, Aug 11, 2003
  5. Doug Vermes

    Doug Vermes Guest

    Well, it seems to me like the problem is just that Nero refuses to use
    the appropriate audio signal. I had this program Sonic myDVD installed
    (which I just uninstalled to try to rectify the problem, but to no
    avail). I noticed that Sonic myDVD gave a choice between "Line In" and
    "TV Tuner In" for audio sources. The "line in" didn't work, but the
    "TV Tuner In" gave the appropriate audio. Is there some way of telling
    Nero which to use? The only audio selection in Nero is for "Line In",
    but that doesn't work.

    However, every other program seems to handle the audio signal fine
    (ATI TV, Sonic myDVD, Roxio VideoWave Movie Crator, etc.). I just
    don't want to have to keep two programs hanging around, one for
    capturing video with sound, and then Nero for everything else.

    Thanks,

    Doug

    Doug Vermes, Aug 11, 2003
  6. Doug Vermes

    -nobody- Guest

    similiar problem here but no Roxio involvement

    and I cannot get sound in preview OR get it recorded (except for when I
    select microphone as the input source then it work in preview and records
    ok)

    ATI AIW 9000 pro w/tv card, soundblaster live value, dell dimension 8200

    -nobody-, Aug 12, 2003
  7. Doug Vermes

    Doug Vermes Guest

    They did finally e-mail me back, but their suggestions pretty much
    amounted to downloading the latest version from their website. I did
    that, but it did not fix the problem. I have had a couple of e-mails
    back and forth with Nero tech support, but each time they just suggest
    I download the latest version, and, unfortunately, that has yet to fix
    the problem. :-(

    - Doug

    Doug Vermes, Sep 6, 2003
  8. Doug Vermes

    Alde Guest

    Same problem here. Using Win98, AllinWonder 128. No Audio in this
    Nerovision Capture. Just here a little clicking every few seconds
    with the volume turned way up. I'm just waiting for them to email me
    back. Strange because the ATI stuff all works fine and the same with
    the other Nero6 apps.

    Alde

    Alde, Sep 24, 2003