Problems creating PDF file from Journal file

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Robert M. Lincoln, Jun 8, 2005.

  1. I create a Journal file using the standard pen (black color), and
    occasionally highlight (in yellow) over something I've written.

    I then try to convert the *.jnt file to a PDF document (Acrobat 7.0) from
    within Windows Journal Viewer (I only have Acrobat on my non-Tablet PC, so I
    copy the Journal file over to my non-tablet PC, and then use Journal Viewer
    to "print" the Journal file using Adobe PDF as the selected printer).

    In general, every goes perfectly - I get a PDF file that looks exactly like
    the Journal file - except where the yellow highlights are. The yellow
    highlights show up, but many times the print (created by the pen)
    "underneath" the yellow highlight is invisible! Sometimes the print created
    by the tablet pen underneath the yellow highlight shows up, looking just
    like the Journal file, and sometimes it doesn't.

    Any solutions?

    I would love to post such a question on an Acrobat news forum, but they
    don't seem to exist. Adobe just sponsors their own forums which you can
    access through a browser, not Outlook Express or equivalent (as far as I
    know), and when I've posted in the past, I get no responses. The process is
    very awkward.

    Thanks

    Robert M. Lincoln, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Robert M. Lincoln

    Chris H. Guest

    Sounds really like an Adobe issue. :cool: Adobe hasn't cared to be very
    Ink-aware with the products. You may really want to ask in the Adobe forums
    to see what they say.

    Chris H., Jun 8, 2005

  3. I think this question has been coming up on these forums since the Tablet
    launch 2.5yrs ago. Basically, Adobe have done nothing to support Tablets or
    ink.

    Running ink through the Acrobat print process is just a lossy process and
    there is nothing particularly satisfactory about the end-results. If they
    supported bezier curves natively rather than just polylines, and correct
    colour information for highlighting then most of the issues would be handled.
    I guess they're not up to these task ;-).

    Mike

    Mike Williams, Jun 8, 2005