    Anybody else having problems lately? I got in a couple days ago with
    a new Dell, downloaded all the critical updates, now can't get back in
    - keep getting Windows Update Error, usually number 0x800700C1.

    Steve, Oct 16, 2003

  2. I'm not having any problems currently but have in the past. Have a look
    here to see if your problem is addressed:
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ian & Lorraine, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Steve

    Hank Arnold Guest

    Can't remember the exact error, but when I had a problems one time, it was
    because the date/time setting was wrong. Turned out that the date on the
    workstation was in the future....

    Hank Arnold, Oct 16, 2003
  4. There have been FIVE (5) extra "Critical Updates" provided over-night. Could
    it be that the Server is just over-loaded with the millions of people that
    are trying to d/l these??

    Regards,
    John

    John J. Burness, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Just about every error code except this one. Sigh.

    Steve, Oct 16, 2003
  6. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Possibly, but this occurred yesterday morning. (Still getting the
    same error)

    Steve, Oct 16, 2003
  7. Steve

    BeeMan Guest

    They are...... Looks like critical updates for all Windows OS's. They are
    bogged down, On my Win98's the link for "Windows Updates" was broken and I
    recieved the same error message you did. I used the
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    and got through.

    BeeMan

    BeeMan, Oct 16, 2003
  8. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Finally solved this by disabling SystemSuite's NetDefense firewall.
    Of course, the next question is why that's causing a conflict. Gonna
    ask V-Com about this. WinUpdate is listed as a Trusted Site.

    Steve, Oct 16, 2003
  9. Funny you should mention that: this morning, when I clicked on Windows Update,
    I got a message saying the link was broken or lost. I ended up going to the
    update site using Internet Explorer, then creating a shortcut, then pinning it
    back to my start menu. What a PITA for no apparent reason. I wonder what
    happened to the link to begin with?

    And you had the same problem this morning? Strange....

    Mortimer Schnerd, RN, Oct 17, 2003