    same cable as the HD (preferably without buying a new motherboard or
    HD)! :eek:)

    Thanks.

    Dan, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Hi Dan,
    You just might need an after-market controller card. Check with
    the motherboard manufacturer if the standard controller will support
    other drives on it with the HD. If it will, you might need to make a
    couple changes to the BIOS.

    Silicon Alley Computers
    www.siliconalleycomputers.com

    Silicon Alley Computers, Sep 11, 2004

  3. Dan

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Hi Dan, The usual problem is that one of the drives is jumpered wrong.
    double check the proper jumpering. Some drives have weird jumpinging.
    In the "old days" some brands of drives would not work together and
    sometimes the one you wanted master would have to be the slave before
    they were happy. You should not need another IDE card unless you want
    to use more than 4 IDE devices, but may be needed as a last resort.
    The last thing I can think of is that the new drive is defective.
    Good Luck, Jim

    Jim Phelps, Sep 12, 2004