Problems Q3 Arena and GF5600 with 56.72 driver

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Dag, Jun 28, 2004.

  1. Dag

    Dag Guest

    Hi

    So what, you might say, but I really want to play the Q3 again with full
    graphic details. I played it with my Voodoo3 card some years ago, but I
    would like to feel how it works with a never machine and to feel "the flow"
    with a more advanced graphic card.

    But...

    The game is unplayable with this card, I get the sky texture flashing
    through the wall textures, and the sky is also taking about half the screen
    in broad horisontal layers. I've searched the ID support pages for fixes,
    but there is no fix for this problem.

    Any ideas??

    rgds

    Dag

    Dag, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Dag

    deimos Guest

    That's definitely not supposed to happen. I'm using a FX5600 right now
    too and Q3 plays just fine. Make sure you're up-to-date with a quick
    check list:

    * Q3 Point Release 1.32
    * No OpenGL32.dll in the Q3 dir.
    * Mobo chipset drivers
    * Fast-writes and sideband addressing disabled
    - in bios
    - in software
    * Overclocking?
    * Bad card

    I've used the official 56.72 and the newer 61.40's without issue.
    Running currently at 1600x1200 w/ 4xS FSAA and 8x Ansiotropic filtering
    and no problems.

    Pay special attention to the chipset drivers. On older VIA boards there
    were critical bugs that could prevent you from playing any hardware
    accelerated games (MWQ bug on VIA KT133/A for example). Some older P4
    boards have similar incompatibilties with certain cards.

    deimos, Jun 29, 2004