Problems w/ GeForce FX 5900 XT and Unreal 1 (Unreal Gold)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Saipher, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. Saipher

    Saipher Guest

    I just bought a new video card, GeForce FX 5900 XT, and it works
    great. It really made a difference with games such as NFSU and Doom
    3. However, I'm having some problems running Unreal 1 (Unreal Gold),
    and I guess it is some incompatibility issue between the game and the
    new card or with the new Direct X that came with Doom 3 (DirectX 9b).
    I tried to reinstall the old version of Direct X (7.0) that came with
    Unreal, but it didn't solve it. Ok, lets go to the problem, after
    about 5 to 8 minutes playing Unreal, the game just freezes but the
    sound keeps going, and after about 12 seconds the game goes back to
    normal. The worse is that I only play Unreal through the Internet, and
    everytime the problem happens I get disconected from the server. And
    it is actually kinda funny; It takes a minute for me to realize that
    I'm not connected to the server, because when the game goes back to
    normal I still playing in the same map I was before, but just by
    myself. Anyhow, I was just wondering if that just happenes to me or if
    it is a commom issue. Any advice is welcome. By the way, my card's
    driver are up to date as well as the games', and I don't think it is a
    problem of overheated video card since other games work.

    Sorry it turned out to be longer then I thought

    Saipher, Aug 26, 2004