    XP pro SP2

    Latest drivers from intel's site installed

    Johan

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Johan_K=FCtt?=, Jan 23, 2005

  2. hasn't anyone had this problem? I'd really like to get it solved.

    johan

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Johan_K=FCtt?=, Jan 25, 2005

  3.
    Olav the Viking, Feb 22, 2005
  4. I have an Intel D925XECV2 Mobo. I ohmed-out the Intel front panel
    audio mic and phones jacks so that I could find the corresponding
    connections for my Silverstone Temjin 6 case front panel audio jacks
    which are conveniently situated on the lower left side of the case. I
    could not get the Realtek AW to detect the frontpanel mic or phones
    when they were plugged in, but it appears like they work OK. I then
    took the unused Intel audio front panel and swapped it in - auto-detect
    then worked. Disassembled the audio panel, and measurements indicate
    that there is an additional contact within the Intel audio jacks that
    is shorted when an audio plug is inserted. Sense_send (Pin 7) is common
    to both jacks, Sense1_Ret (Pin 6 - Mic) and Sense2_Ret (Pin 10 - Phone)
    each short to pin 7 when an audio plug is inserted. I haven't decided
    if I want to go to the trouble of retrofitting auto-detect jacks into
    my case yet. The jacks are made by Foxconn.
    While I was typing this, I stumbled upon the documentation from
    Intel that tells the whole story: (Intel Front Panel IO Connectivity
    Design Guide, P/N: A29286-004), URL:
    http://www.formfactors.org/developer\specs\A2928604.pdf. Sure
    would have been nice to have that early in the game. Intel does
    document everything, but it does take some searching to find it. I
    spent a week looking for info on 4-wire pulse width modulated
    motherboard fan control. If Intel had even mentioned that the fan
    control WAS PWM in their MOBO product guide, I would have found it
    quickly. Such is life. . .

    Olav the Viking, Feb 22, 2005