Problems with EP45 DSR3R and Sata Optical Drive

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Roswellbob, Jun 1, 2009.

  1. Roswellbob

    Roswellbob Guest

    Hi to all
    sorry for pour English, i'm from France
    I bought this Mobo on september 2008 with an Q6700 CPU and 3Go HyperX
    Kingston Memory ( 2*1Go+2*1Go @750 Mhz) and POW Geforce 9800GT
    Also i bought :
    Fixed hard disk media (HDD) Hitachi HDP725050GLA360 500 GBytes IDE SATA-II
    40 ºC (104 ºF)
    Fixed hard disk media (HDD) Hitachi HDT725040VLA360 400 GBytes IDE SATA-II
    44 ºC (111 ºF)
    Fixed hard disk media (HDD) WDC WD1600BB-22GUA0 160 GBytes IDE ATA 45 ºC
    (113 ºF)
    Direct Access Device IOMEGA ZIP 100 USB Device 98 MBytes USB USB
    DVD SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E IDE ATAPI
    Graveur DVD LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS15 IDE ATAPI plugg on SATA channel 3
    Graveur DVD ASUS DRW-20B1LT IDE ATAPI plugg on SATA channel 4

    The DVD+RW writter LG works fine, but the Asus doesn't work, i use Nero 8 to
    burn with, thes burning session work fine, no errors report, but when i try
    to explore the CD , windows Explorer crash with no reponse..... I bought
    this DVD writter one week ago, before, i've bought an Lite On iHAS 122, who
    done exactly the same thing, so i return it with RMA and change it with this
    Asus, and no more match.....
    I try to modify bios with SATA Port 0-3 to Native mode, but this affect
    nothing....Will try to modify SATA to AHCI mode but , i don't really
    understand what it does....
    Have you an Idea to help me ?
    Thanks for reply and have a good day

    --