Problems with GIF images in Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Yoap, Sep 6, 2004.

  1. Yoap

    Yoap Guest

    Hi all,

    Hope someone can help me, it's a minor issue but irritating
    nonetheless. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 5150 laptop and ever since I've
    started using it, it has this problem with displaying GIF images when
    using the Internet Explorer. Whilst everything else on the page is
    displayed correctly (at least as far as I can tell), the GIF images
    seem to be displayed in a lower resolution which makes them look
    unsharp. I'm sure this is a setting somewhere, but so far I have not
    been able to find this, nor have the people at Dell been able to
    provide me with a satisfactory reply.

    What they did suggest was to lower the font size from 120dpi to 96dpi.
    Although this indeed solves the problem, I then need a magnifying
    glass to be able to read anything.

    Any ideas?

    Many thanks,

    Joop