problems with installation: package intel-mkl-8.0.2p-4.noarch has unsatisfied Requires: /bin/sh

Discussion in 'Intel' started by antonioparodi74, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Hello,
    I am trying to install the Intel® Math Kernel Library (Intel® MKL)
    8.1 on
    my linux cluster (debian linux).
    However the installation crashes since I have got the following error
    message:
    D: found 0 source and 1 binary packages
    D: opening db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages joinenv
    D: opening db index /var/lib/rpm/Packages rdonly mode=0x0
    D: locked db index /var/lib/rpm/Packages
    D: ========== +++ intel-mkl-8.0.2p-4 noarch/linux 0x0
    D: opening db index /var/lib/rpm/Depends create mode=0x0
    D: opening db index /var/lib/rpm/Basenames rdonly mode=0x0
    D: opening db index /var/lib/rpm/Providename rdonly mode=0x0
    D: Requires: /bin/sh NO
    D: package intel-mkl-8.0.2p-4.noarch has unsatisfied Requires:
    /bin/sh
    D: Requires: rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1 YES
    (rpmlib provides)
    D: Requires: rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1 YES
    (rpmlib provides)
    D: opening db index /var/lib/rpm/Conflictname rdonly
    mode=0x0
    D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Depends
    D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Conflictname
    D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Providename
    D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Basenames
    D: closed db index /var/lib/rpm/Packages
    D: closed db environment /var/lib/rpm/Packages
    error: Failed dependencies:
    /bin/sh is needed by intel-mkl-8.0.2p-4.noarch
    D: ========== recording tsort relations
    D: ========== tsorting packages (order, #predecessors, #succesors,
    tree, depth, breadth)
    D: 0 0 0 0 1 0 +intel-mkl-8.0.2p-4.noarch
    D: May free Score board((nil))
    Mon 06 21:06:37: Error - install.sh:1175 Failed to install product

    Do you have any idea or comments?
    thank you for your help
    Antonio

    antonioparodi74, Jun 6, 2006

  2. antonioparodi74

    Judd Guest

    Looks like it can't find /bin/sh for some reason. Check to make sure your
    path is correct and setup to find sh.

    Judd

    Judd, Jun 8, 2006