Problems with KN8-Ultra and a Promise Ultra133 TX2 Controllercard!

Discussion in 'Abit' started by EyEr0n, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. EyEr0n

    EyEr0n Guest

    Hello!

    I have a KN8-Ultra and a Promise Ultra133 TX2 Controllercard.
    I can with the card installed i can boot into WinXP and i can also boot the
    WinXP installation, but as soon as i connect some discs to the
    controllercard, Windows wont start.
    The bios sequence goes fine, but when it comes to show the Windows XP logo
    and the progressbar, the screen is just blank. If i pull the discs out of
    the controller, it starts just fine.
    I've tried a linux installation, and it works fine with disks attached.

    I've updated the BIOS on the motherboard, and the problem is still there.
    I have also tried switching places on the PCI cards, and changeing IRCs,
    without luck.

    I think this is a Windows problem, not a BIOS one.

    What shall i do?

    EyEr0n, Dec 10, 2005