    drives twice, changed the power supply......... what else do I do
    !!!!!!!!

    Roc.

    rocphil, Sep 2, 2003

  2. rocphil

    NDF Guest

    It sounds like you have a RAM issue here.

    Is there anyway you can test a new stick of compatible RAM, if this solves
    it then great, if not try testing out each and every piece of kit, till you
    find the culprit.

    If you manage to check it all over and still have the issue, then you should
    consider getting your board checked over by your dealer or arranging an RMA
    with MSI.

    NDF, Sep 2, 2003

  3. rocphil

    Chris Ayling Guest

    Hi

    Try running memtest86 to check your ram

    http://www.memtest86.com/

    Burn an iso image and boot.....................should pinpoint your problem.

    Chris

    Chris Ayling, Sep 6, 2003
  4. Check the memory (as outlined above), then if that finds nothing, try
    another video card.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Sep 6, 2003
  5. rocphil

    Thomas Guest

    I was having the same exact problem with this board. I went and bought a
    new CPU cooling fan (lot better than the one that came with the cpu to begin
    with) and some thermal compound. I replaced the Cpu cooling fan after
    applying some thermal compound and my system has ran flawlessly ever since I
    did that (about 6months ago).
    Tom

    Thomas, Feb 7, 2004
  6. rocphil

    Eugen T Guest

    Good utility to check your CPU temperature is MBM 5 - www.3deqs.com
    I had my XP2200+ with ATT full copper HSF and it ran at 60-65C at load
    (Arctic Silver 3 applied). Obviously, often I had reboots (memory dumps)...
    Tried replacing parts, checked compatibility problem. Then went out and
    bought Thermaltake Smart & Silent Volcano 9. Now at 3600rpm (can go
    1500-5000rpm variable) I have 42-45C at medium load. NO PROBLEMS ANY MORE!
    YAHOO!

    Eugen T, Feb 8, 2004