    Best,
    Verne Cotton
    Murray, UT

    Verne Cotton, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Verne Cotton

    Ed Guest

    Sounds like your PSU isn't powerful enough to run @ 1.33GHz.
    What brand and Watt rating is it?

    Ed

    Ed, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Verne Cotton

    Verne Cotton Guest

    Hi Ed,
    I am running a 300 watter Compusa PSU.
    Best,
    Verne

    Verne Cotton, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Verne Cotton

    Verne Cotton Guest

    Hi Soupladel,
    I am running at 133 x 100 multiplier and with 266 ddr ram also increased to
    133. It is interesting that the ram is okay at 133 which is where it is set
    now.
    Before I installed the GeForce4, I could run the TBird okay at the 133
    setting.
    Best,
    Verne

    Verne Cotton, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Verne Cotton

    Soupladel Guest

    I always thought the 1.33GHz T/Bird's and below were all 100MHz FSB's, I
    would have thought the problem is with the T/Bird but that doesn't really
    follow if you had it running at 133 before the GeForce was put in. I have
    the exact same problem with my system (Abit KT7 & Athlon XP 2400+ Running at
    2GHz) if i try to increase the FSB, I tried iincreasing it to 110MHz FSB so
    that i was getting 2.2 GHz but it would not play ball and gave me the same
    error message you are getting!

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jul 8, 2003
  6. Verne Cotton

    Verne Cotton Guest

    Well, Soup
    I think Ed might be on to it. I consulted a friend of mine who is a
    Microsoft MVP and she suggested the same fix: Bump up the PSU. I am going
    to give that a try and then I will let you know how I made out.
    Best,
    Verne

    Verne Cotton, Jul 8, 2003
  7. I believe Ed is correct, especially as you've told us you replaced a GF2 MX
    video card with an extremely power-hungry card, the GF4 4800 128Meg.
    If you can, get a better PSU from a source where you can return it if the
    experiment fails. I'd suggest at least 400W and a quality unit like an Antec
    Tru-Power 430. If the new PSU brings back full speed operation, it's worth
    it. And, a good PSU with some headroom built in will serve you well down the
    road when you upgrade other components.

    Peter van der Goes, Jul 8, 2003
  8. Verne Cotton

    Verne Cotton Guest

    Hi Soup,
    Success!!! That seems to be it. 400 in there with 2 fans. Good voltages
    per the system monitor and nice and cool in the box.
    Maybe this will work for you. If you do upgrade to a 400, be sure to reset
    the BIOS on the board to default and start out again with fresh config
    settings.
    Good luck,
    Verne

    Verne Cotton, Jul 8, 2003
  9. Verne Cotton

    Soupladel Guest

    Will do Chief

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Jul 8, 2003
  10. Verne Cotton

    mjf Guest

    antec 430

    mjf, Jul 9, 2003
  11. Verne Cotton

    Ed Guest

    It's not so much the rating on the PSU itself but the actual max wattage
    output of the combined power of the +3.3v and +5v rails.

    Just go to somewhere like www.newegg.com and look at PC cases, they have
    pictures of the PSU so you can read the specs. Some 400W are not much
    better then one sold as a 300W.

    Cheers,
    Ed
    http://tinyurl.com/cu77

    Ed, Jul 9, 2003
  12. Verne Cotton

    Ed Guest

    Sorry I never got back to your reply, but it looks like the 400w worked.
    ;p
    Cheers,
    Ed
    http://tinyurl.com/cu77

    Ed, Jul 9, 2003
  13. Verne Cotton

    Verne Cotton Guest

    Hi Ed,
    Here are my new rail voltages:
    +5v: 4.919v and +3.3v: 3.312
    I am having some other weird things though. I am getting BSOD when I try to
    run at 133 with the GeForce 4. At this writing I have upgraded every driver
    I can think of to newest XP version.
    System runs great until I try to install some large multi cd games or when I
    try to run the latest Flight Simulator. Then I get CTD's or the following
    array of error messages:

    Blue Screen of Death messages:
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    SPECIAL_POOL_DETECTED_MEMORY_CORRUPTION
    PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES

    Of course these messages display singly with each crash and not all
    together.

    My latest error message though does not specify any one cause but just
    suggests that I look at my video adapter, which of course would be the
    famous GeForce Ti4600 that I have installed.
    When I remove the 4600 and run my GeForce2 GTX
    all is well.
    So, it looks like I can have it one of two ways: I can either have the 4600
    and give up 1.33 multiplier or I can run at 1.33 and step down to the
    GeForce2.
    I sure wish I could figure out how to get all of this working together
    right.
    Best,
    Verne

    Verne Cotton, Jul 15, 2003