Problems with nforce audio

Discussion in 'Abit' started by eagle, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. eagle

    eagle Guest

    Hi,

    My PC has the ABIT NF7-S2 (not version 2), with nforce2 NB & SB. The
    audio is standard nforce audio without Soundstorm. I have cheap 5.1
    Genius speakes without LFE crossover, connected to the built it nforce
    audio on the mobo.

    I have two problems:

    1) When the machine boots up into XP, there is a loud squeal from the
    speakers for a few seconds, until XP finishes loading up. This squal
    is also heard when I change to headphone mode, through the speakers
    connected to the back and center+lfe audio connectors.

    2) Everytime I restart my machine, the lower frequency sounds aren't
    played through the subwoofer although I enabled LFE crossover
    frequency. I need to go every time into the nvidia mixer, click on
    "Surround Settings", click OK, and then all is well - untill the next
    reboot. I don't change any stting, just clikc OK, and it's enough to
    remind NVidia about the correct settings.

    What can I do to fix there problems?

    Thanks,
    Yitz

    eagle, Oct 11, 2004

  2. eagle

    BUFF Guest

    perhaps try running the Realtek drivers instead?

    BUFF, Oct 12, 2004

  3. eagle

    eagle Guest

    Which realtek drivers should I use?
    Also, are there known problems with the nvidia drivers, because I
    thought nvidia was supposed to be a stable and reliable platform.

    Thanks,
    Yitz

    eagle, Oct 12, 2004
  4. eagle

    PRIVATE1964 Guest

    Also, are there known problems with the nvidia drivers, because I
    There have a been a few problems with Nvidia drivers just like drivers for
    everything else. Your never gonna have 100% stability with any piece of
    hardware. Issues will always come up that's why they keep updating them.

    If you are having trouble then it might be wise to try different drivers. It's
    easy enough to do if your running Windows XP. Just roll the drivers back if
    they don't help.

    PRIVATE1964, Oct 12, 2004