Problems with Radeon 9700 Pro detecting Samsung 213T on DVI port

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Graham Simms, Oct 15, 2004.

  1. Graham Simms

    Graham Simms Guest

    I recntly upgraded my monitor to a very nice Samsung 213T Flat Panel
    and I am having issues with my new ati graphics card.

    I originally plugged my new monitor into my old Geforce 2 Ultra and it
    worked fine in Analog mode and worked in Digital mode through the DVI
    socket although the screen occasionally flickered slightly.

    I decided that instead of trying to figure out this issue I'd upgrade
    to a new ATI Radeon 9700 Pro as they were getting pretty cheap and I
    wanted the extra graphics power.

    The 9700 Pro works fine in Analog mode but when I try and plug the
    monitor into the DVI port the card refuses to detect it is there. I
    have tried all sorts of ways of plugging it in including turning
    everything off, putting the monitor into digital mode, only connected
    to the DVI port then turning on the computer. The monitor just sits
    there blinking its red led (to indicate no signal on the DVI
    connector) and I don't even see the POST messages.

    IF I have both Analog and DVI connected when I boot the ATI software
    claims that nothing is connected to the DVI port, which probably
    explains why it isn't bothering to enable it.

    Anybody have any suggextions as to what may be casuing this?

    Is there any way I can force the ATI card to drive the DVI connector?

    I've tried the drivers that came with the card as well as downloading
    the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI.

    The card is the reference version of the Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Graham.

    Graham Simms, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Graham Simms

    peter Guest

    I had a few problems like that with an NEC digital LCD monitor.Then I realised I
    had not loaded the digital .INF file for the monitor.At boot it would show
    screens until XP started and then it seemed to not detect the digital
    connection.When I plugged both analog and digital in it worked fine on start up
    and I used ATI control Panel to make the digital connection the default
    monitor.Under displays it showed up as 2 monitors one analog,the other digital.I
    made the digital the primary display and all worked well.Then somewhere along
    the line of upgrading Radeon drivers it just took.....no more analog line.
    peter

    peter, Oct 16, 2004