    Sometimes the computer will completely restart.

    Has anybody else had this problem? Any resolutions?

    Thanks.

    catbread.org, Dec 4, 2007

  2. after you installed xp, did you install the chipset drivers (both the amd
    driver and the ati driver as listed on dell.com)? then the 70mb ati video
    driver, the audio driver, and the network drivers. if you didn't wipe the
    factory partition that has system diagnostics you might was to boot into the
    disagnostics software and run a test of the hardware. press f12 durring the
    power on sef test to be presented with an option to start diagnostics, or
    read here other ways you can do it...
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/vos1000/en/OM/html/trouble.htm#wp1076596

    Christopher Muto, Dec 4, 2007