    just had a virus but i got that fixed. Now my computer is
    doing this. Please help me!

    Kimberly

    kimberly, Aug 18, 2003

  2. kimberly

    terri Guest

    Hi, kimberly,

    It's possible that you've picked up a virus that piggy-backed in on the worm
    that the anti-virus sites aren't picking up yet.

    You can try this tool to see if it finds anything else. It was written by
    another MVP and has helped a lot.
    http://kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (Line 257) to clean it and
    variants. You can also go directly to the VB script using
    http://kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/msblast.vbs

    If you prefer to use a site you're more familiar with, this should do it as
    well.

    http://downloads2.kaspersky-labs.co...nglish/HomeUser/KAVPersonal/kavpers45eng.exe-
    download the updated definitions - it should flush your system of the
    problems created by the worm.

    If that doesn't solve all problems, use this scan for running processes
    http://dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_starttrack.htm

    Let us know if you have more questions on any of them.

    terri, Aug 18, 2003