Probs with SATA on K8USA Dragon Ultra

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Martin, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Hi there

    my system:

    K8USA Dragon Ultra bios ver. 2AA1
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+, Stepping: CAAMC
    512 Mb Kingston Hyperx PC3700
    Club3d Radeon9700 Pro
    120GB WD 8mb cache
    160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA drive

    when i set my system up for it to run with SATA drive, it
    hangs/crashes at the
    Ali RAID Bios IDE identification screen.

    If i disable the onboard RAID, the system is able to boot to windows,
    but without the SATA support, and that is pretty frustrating.
    I have checked the drive at a friends house, and the drive works fine.

    And what about the bios ver. 2AA2 ?? for amd "cg" only ???
    is this bios version for athlon 64 processors with the stepping: ***CG
    only???

    but how do i get this to work, any help is greatly appreciated ...

    Regards
    Martin

    Martin, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Martin

    Frank Howell Guest

    If your system boots to windows, by disabling raid, then your disks have not
    been set up for raid. What raid did you set them up to? stripe 0 or 1?
    did you install the raid driver?

    Frank

    Frank Howell, Jan 23, 2004

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    The problem is that the system hangs, when it is determining which
    drives there are on either IDE3, SATA1 or SATA2...

    it wont get past there ....
    it shows: .x.x. <---- stops there, it should have shown sometihing
    like
    this: .x.x.o.x.

    even ctrl+alt+del wont work, i have to power the system down....
    The only thing that i want is to run with 1 sata drive as a normal
    drive, therefore not running any drives in a RAID configuration.

    Martin

    Martin, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Martin

    acajka Guest

    This is a known problem with these boards. There are several threads on
    different forums of people getting a hang at the drive detection screen.
    Some users have returned the boards back to vendors for exchange and the
    replacements are doing the same thing. Your best bet is to contact Soyo
    support and let them handle it.

    Andy

    acajka, Jan 24, 2004
  5. Martin

    dave Guest

    Lets look at the easy first. Does the board support SATA? Next is the
    bios set up correctly? This should be covered in the manual... the one
    provided for the KT-400 was pretty good.
    Best bet about the "cg" question is call Soyo. Best is in the morning,
    the correct phone number is on the Website.
    Dave

    dave, Jan 24, 2004