    --------------------
    He wasn't. I copied this from his previous reply a couple of days ago.:)

    I don't know why you didn't see it before.

    Wes Newell, Jan 8, 2004

  2. CW

    Wes Newell Guest

    You ever hear the old saying about honey catching flys better than
    something else? I honestly didn't think you were serious about needing
    help with this. I assumed you already knew about the mod since it was
    discussed here some time back. And I also know you're quite capable of
    doing it. Good luck.

    Wes Newell, Jan 8, 2004

  3. CW

    Wes Newell Guest

    That model number isn't listed on the Jetway site. They also have their
    manuals in a proprietary .doc format. So I'll make some assumtions.
    I assume it's a KT133A chipset and not the KT133 (non A).
    I'll also assume that you have memory capable of running 133MHz (PC133 or
    faster).
    Also that you have at least a 300w PS minimum.
    make sure the cpu you buy is not one of the newer locked versions (post
    week 0338) unless you would be happy with a 2400+ from 2000-2175MHz.

    Any cpu should boot as long as your board/bios doesn't support multiplier
    changing. It will boot with the default multiplier x FSB speeds. That
    means that any that have a FSB of 133Mhz should boot to default speeds. If
    the cpu's default FSB is 166 or 200, it will only run at a slower speed
    until you manually change the multiplier. This is why you don't want one
    of the newer internally locked cpu's with a 166/200MHz FSB.

    Any Palomino core should run without mods since it's multiplier locked and
    only uses a 133MHz FSB. You can unlock any of these unless your board
    supports bios controlled multiplier changes. If this is the case, then you
    can't unlock the 2100+ Palomino core cpu. It won't work since it will try
    and default to 2000MHz (20x100) and it won't run at that speed.

    The same applies to Tbred A cores as Palominos, except they are all
    unlocked from the factory AFAIK. This means that you'd have to mod either
    the MB or cpu before you could get anything over a 2000+ to work.

    Any Tbred B core should boot out of the box. From 1700-2000+ they should
    boot to there default speed. 2100-2600+/266 should boot at 2000MHz
    (20x100) out of the box.

    Unlocked Bartons 2500-2800+ & 3200+ should boot at slower speeds, and you
    have to mod them to get top speed.

    Unlocked 3000+/333 should boot at 2000MHz (20x100) since it has a default
    multiplier of 13 (8x bit high).

    And now for my picks. Easiest would be a 2100-2400+ unlocked Tbred B
    core. These will all default to the same speed (2000Mhz) without mods to
    anything or they will default to default speeds depending on multiplier
    control of your MB.

    For a barton, I'd chose the 2500+ (pre week 39). change the default
    multplier to 13 (making it a 3000+).

    Now, if you haven't read my site, do so. if you have any other questions,
    ask. Be specific.

    Wes Newell, Jan 8, 2004