    MHz to 333 Mhz, but i would like to know some other opinions on that topic.

    thanks so far,

    matthias

    Matthias haider, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Matthias haider

    Slashed Zero Guest

    I replaced a Celeron 550 with a Pentium III/800 in a laptop. This was easy
    because it was easy to reach the cpu and it had a micro-pga2 slot. Before I
    did this a I contacted the manufacturer to ask what the fastest processor
    was that the motherboard and the system itself could take (both
    'electronically' and heat-wise). Some laptops have their CPUs soldered
    directly to the board, in which case it's not replacable.

    SZ.

    Slashed Zero, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Have anothe rlook at dell.com - they used to have a user forum there
    somewhere - I had a look once, and there were certainly people in there
    discussing this stuff - some with good detailed knowledge of stuff like
    CPU upgrades on Dell laptops ....

    Martin Slaney, Jan 19, 2004
  4. Matthias haider

    Bill Mills Guest

    Here is the site for dell latitude upgrade forum.

    http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=latit_upgrade

    What you will find is that your laptop (cpid) can take any MMC-1
    processor,either pentium or celeron. The fastest you can get is the Celeron
    466mhz MMC-1. You can also find Pentium up to about 400mhz. A pentium is a
    little more desirable than the same speed celeron because of the higher
    cache in the pentium mmc-1.

    It is a simple, remove the keyboard, take off the processor heatsink and
    rotate the cooling tube up and out of the way. pull out the old processor
    and push in the new one, seat it firmly with two fingers pushed down hard
    right over the connectors and reassemble. that is all there is to it.

    bill

    Bill Mills, Jan 20, 2004