    Duron processor anyone has tried on the board?

    Some processors are just getting to hard to find at reasonable prices
    anymore.

    Mike, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Mike,
    Greetings and hallucinations from just north of Fantasy Land (Washington,
    DC)!
    The Tyan website mentions the fastest Duron as the 1.1GHz model. I have
    heard reports of people running faster CPUs, I.E. the Athlon 1800+, but that
    is outside the range for the approved CPUs. At this stage in its life, it
    might behoove you to get a new system. Unfortunately, with computers it is
    such a short time dancing upon the stage before you are replaced with a
    newer, faster model.
    Peace,
    Paul

    Paul D. Motzenbecker, Jr., Apr 26, 2005

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    That is true, but this board os so solid it does a great job as a
    development web server platform and media server for my house.
    What I am doing doesn't need a powerhouse, I havea faster system for that.
    I found a friend with a 1.2g Athlon so I think for $20 I will put that
    in and call it good.

    Mike, Apr 27, 2005
  4. Mike,

    I've used a XP 2200 successfully on a 2390B - it was not recognized by
    name by the bios, but ran at the right speed and was very stable. (It had
    to do a lot of "seti'ing"...)

    And I can say the same as you - it's a rock solid board. I started with
    TYAN with a Trinity 100AT, then the Trinity 2390B and now I'm running a
    Trinity KT400 S2495ANRS with an Athlon XP 3000 - still on the rock solid
    side of life...

    Best regards

    Axel

    --

    "If Microsoft is ever going to produce something that does not suck,
    it is very likely a vacuum cleaner."

    Axel Hagedorn - Darmstadt/Germany -

    Axel Hagedorn, May 5, 2005
  5. Mike

    nSurfer Guest

    Duron 1.8ghz is running great on 2390B (of course bios must be updated
    first.).

    nSurfer, Jun 30, 2005