    battery voltage Cmos of the IBM / Lenovo Thinkpad T60?

    Thanks

    Regards

    Mok, Oct 11, 2012

  2. Mok

    P.V. Guest

    "Mok" kirjoitti viestissä:50773290$0$17957$...
    Based on a quick search, it seems unlikely that the voltage of the CMOS
    battery could be read with a program. However, someone mentioned that a
    program named SpeedFan could read the voltage on some omputers. And it would
    seem more common that the voltage could be seen in BIOS -- could that be the
    case with your Lenovo?

    P.V.

    P.V., Oct 12, 2012

  3. Mok

    Mok Guest

    SpeedFan don't function with Ibm/Lenovo Thinkpad T60.

    Ciao

    Mok, Oct 12, 2012
  4. SpeedFan usually only shows the voltages of the power supply
    in a computer, so that one may observe how close they are to
    the desired values. These days motherboard manufacturers tend
    to pack their boards with sensors, but I've not seen a CMOS
    battery sensor before. Indeed if it did exist, SpeedFan might
    show its value.

    Hang on, now that I think about it, as I understand it all
    modern laptops use rechargeable BIOS batteries right? Then
    when the machine is running the battery would be charging and
    hence skew the readings of a voltage sensor if it were to
    exist.

    Perhaps there would be ways to avoid this, but what is the
    point anyway? If the battery lasts until the next boot you
    don't have a problem, if a few times it doesn't, then you need
    a replacement. At what point does it help to know the voltage?

    Computer Nerd Kev, Oct 17, 2012