ProLinea 4100 BIOS

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by evildeathmaster666, Jul 26, 2007.

1. evildeathmaster666

evildeathmaster666

hello

i have this old prolinea 4100 from compaq. its bios it's a little strange. you can't open the bios tool with DEL or F10 before boot. you have to actualy write the bios config tool on the hdd and use it from there

the problem is that i don't have it, the compaq site is redirected to HP and the tehnical support from HP says they don't have it. someone surely does but they don't know for sure who

can anyone pls help me? i realy need this because i can't boot from anything else except a floppy

thanks in advance

evildeathmaster666, Jul 26, 2007
  2. evildeathmaster666

evildeathmaster666

floppy redirect to mbr

i managed to work around the problem: i previously developed an msdos clone (basic real-mode operating system... pretty much a school project) and i included in it a new functionality to load the master boot record from the first available hard drive and execute it.

this is by no means a permanent solution as i would have to insert the disk on every reset, boot my custom operating system, redirect to the hdd mbr, remove the disk. i would have done it as a simple .com file but for unknown reasons msdos hooks some interrupts and crashes when the new hooks are installed by the hdd instance of msdos/win95osr2

this is very annoying, that bios utility would be great right now

evildeathmaster666, Jul 27, 2007
Ask a Question