    the problem is that i don't have it, the compaq site is redirected to HP and the tehnical support from HP says they don't have it. someone surely does but they don't know for sure who

    can anyone pls help me? i realy need this because i can't boot from anything else except a floppy

    thanks in advance

    evildeathmaster666, Jul 26, 2007
  2. evildeathmaster666

    evildeathmaster666

    floppy redirect to mbr

    i managed to work around the problem: i previously developed an msdos clone (basic real-mode operating system... pretty much a school project) and i included in it a new functionality to load the master boot record from the first available hard drive and execute it.

    this is by no means a permanent solution as i would have to insert the disk on every reset, boot my custom operating system, redirect to the hdd mbr, remove the disk. i would have done it as a simple .com file but for unknown reasons msdos hooks some interrupts and crashes when the new hooks are installed by the hdd instance of msdos/win95osr2

    this is very annoying, that bios utility would be great right now

    evildeathmaster666, Jul 27, 2007