    luck or is there a way to do this?

    Thanks for any help

    Don

    Don, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Don

    Ben Myers Guest

    Yes. Put the hard drives back on the motherboard's primary IDE controller.
    Then connect the ZIP to the Promise card.

    Or put the bootable 20GB drive on the primary IDE as master along with the ZIP
    as the slave. Then put the second hard drive on the Promise. This latter
    approach is potentially risk though, if the Promise uses a different logical to
    physical mapping for disk addresses... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jul 20, 2004

  3. Don

    Don Guest

    Thanks Ben, working good so far. I thought you could only put hard drives
    on the promise card.

    Don, Jul 20, 2004