    P31000. I got the drivers to install OK but it still wont recognize the
    whole drive any suggestions?\

    Thanks

    Don Moore, Jul 15, 2005

  2. Might have something to do with what version of Windows you are using
    and what file system.

    Kenneth J. Harris, Jul 15, 2005

  3. Don Moore

    Don Moore Guest

    It's Windows 98.

    Don Moore, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Don Moore

    Pen Guest

  5. Looking on the Dell Forums, I found a post which referred to the XPS450
    and states that to go over 137 gb even with a controller card you need
    to have Windows XP with at least SP1. Also, you will need to download
    and install the latest(last) bios from Dell if you don't already have it.

    Kenneth J. Harris, Jul 15, 2005
  6. Don Moore

    Don Moore Guest

    AH bummer I don't really want to switch to XP with this machine. Thanks for
    finding that info though. I appreciate it.

    Don Moore, Jul 17, 2005

  7. Just as a point of information, I run WinXP Pro w/SP2 on an XPS450
    with 384MB of RAM and the original CPU with version 13 of the BIOS and
    an SIIG IDE controller card, and all runs fine. If you have a child in school
    or if you can find someone with academic connections, you can get WinXP
    with a big discount.

    *TimDaniels*

    Timothy Daniels, Jul 17, 2005