  1. Rebel1981

    Rebel1981 Guest

    How do you exit out from the console back to management prompt

    Rebel1981, Sep 15, 2012

  2. Rebel1981

    Barry OGrady Guest

    exit

    Barry OGrady, Sep 15, 2012

  3. Which probably will take him back to the login prompt.

    I think he need like ^E. (escape e dot)

    or something like that.

    -bruce

    Bruce Esquibel, Sep 15, 2012
  4. In many cases "#." will get you back to the service processor.

    Dennis

    Dennis Grevenstein, Sep 15, 2012
  5. Rebel1981

    YTC#1 Guest

    It depends on the server, and the RSC/LOM/ALOM/iLOM or serial port
    connector or XSCF .... or LDom connection :)

    YTC#1, Oct 1, 2012
  6. but the simple answer is usually #.

    Fritz Wuehler, Oct 2, 2012
  7. Rebel1981

    Paroksha Guest

    Please try following options
    As different consoles have different options

    ~. #. (. ^.

    Please check ur logs if u have saved... hen u log in to any console in SUN sys it always shows how to exit it .... its common technique to see how to exit

    check ur logs and u can find it right below after login successfull prmpt
    means after entering username password..
    its easy.

    Paroksha, Oct 3, 2012
  8. Rebel1981

    YTC#1 Guest

    Only when it is the one that works :)

    YTC#1, Oct 6, 2012
  9. Rebel1981

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    Yes. Did we ever hear what kind of Sun box it was -- and what
    kind of console connection was being used?

    The "#." works just fine on the Sun Fire V120 at least.

    Enjoy,
    DoN.

    DoN. Nichols, Oct 6, 2012