    So the big question is: does a keyboard controller *have* to respond to
    commands from the PC?

    Meindert

    Meindert Sprang, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Ha, I found out that I mirrored the pinout of my PS2 connecter. I even
    implemented a wait loop until both CLK and DATA are high, before starting
    transmission. I managed to get the computer to read a key make but it did
    not see the release scancode. So, still not working ok.

    Meindert

    Meindert Sprang, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Meindert Sprang

    Juan Lauda Guest

    Maybe your PC sends a RESET command to the "keyboard" on startup and expects
    an ACK in response? If it doesn't get an ACK then the PC might choose to
    ignore the keyboard from this point on. If your controller does not receive
    commands from the PC then it will be difficult to send the ACK in a timely
    fashion.

    Juan Lauda, Jul 2, 2003
  4. Meindert Sprang

    Rob D. Guest

    Hi, all,

    Check out the book and source code in Gary Konzak's book PC Keyboard Design.
    It is available at Annabooks. Additional free info available from USAR
    KeyCoder data sheets etc.

    Cya,
    Rob

    Rob D., Jul 2, 2003
  5. i'm not sure this has the information you're looking for, but it seems
    like a pretty good resource.

    Adam Chapweske's PS/2 protocol/interface pages:

    http://www.computer-engineering.org/

    Wile E. Coyote, Mar 7, 2005
  6. Meindert Sprang

    lucky5

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,
    Lucky here, Im a new bie in this field, i am trying to do the same task, please can you share me the code.Please help me in learning. Thanks in advance.

    lucky5, Aug 18, 2010