PS3 Lair gameplay graphics must look really bad since the latest trailer is all or mostly prerendere

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by AirRaid, Jun 23, 2007.

  1. AirRaid

    AirRaid Guest

    Lair "Extended Battle Trailer"

    HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20740.html

    SD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/20741.html

    even if there is some realtime footage, and I stress the word IF,
    from what I can tell there's a great deal of prerendered footage in
    this trailer.

    that's funny. even the very first trailer from about 2 years ago, was
    not prerendered even though it wasn't running on PS3. unless I am
    mistaken (possible) the first trailer ran realtime on a PC with
    GeForce 6800 or 7800 SLI.

    first trailer (lower right, July 21, 2005)
    http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/761/761161/vids_4.html

    so Lair's presentations have gone from realtime on dual highend Nvidia
    cards, to progressively downgraded versions on the weaker RSX, to all
    or mostly prerendered CGI.

    nice. real nice.

    AirRaid, Jun 23, 2007

  2. In fairness the "new" trailer has been around since Christmas. I'm
    guessing it's just appeared on the european store, it's been on the US
    one for ages.

    On a seperate note nice to see they've finally updated the available
    games for us europeans.

    mycomp.entries, Jun 23, 2007

  3. There are off-screen gameplay vidoes from Sony's gamers day. However the
    contrast goes in and out, so i'm positive if it were a direct feed it would
    look pretty good, as the water looks pretty good even on the crappy quality
    video.

    Brenden D. Chase, Jun 24, 2007